Home > Resume
Adjunct Professor: Maricopa Community Colleges
Within the Maricopa Community College district I teach and develop on-ground and online courses in art, technology, and multi-media. Current courses include:
- Photography (Digital/Traditional), 2D Design, 3D Design & Sculpture, Drawing, Color Theory, History of Photography, Computer Art, 2D Animation & interactive applications (Animate), Digital Imaging (Photoshop), Vector Illustration (Illustrator), Motion Graphics (After Effects), Web Design & Web Development, Introduction to Technology, Information Architecture, and Microsoft Suite applications.
August 2014 - Present
Professor: Maricopa Corporate College
At MCOR I developed and taught the Web Developer Boot Camp course curriculum that consists of 12 weeks of front-end web developer training. Course topics include:
- Supplemental: Open Source, Bootstrap, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, PHP, mySQL, Web Marketing (SEO, Social, PPC), and Web Analytics
Sept. 2015 - June 2017
Adjunct Professor: The Art Institute Phoenix
Taught and developed courses in the following subjects:
- Digital Imaging (using Photoshop), Information Architecture, User Experience Design, HTML/CSS, Photography, Design Fundamentals & Color Theory
October 2014 - May, 2016
Faculty Professor: University of Advancing Technology
At UAT, I taught and developed technology and core art courses, as well as developing the university's Web & Social Media Degree Program. Courses included:
August 2011 - Aug. 2014
Adjunct Professor: Art Institute, Orange County
At Art Institute Orange County I taught classes and workshops in the following areas:
- DVD authoring (using Adobe Encore & DVD Studio Pro), Digital Imaging (Photoshop), Interface Design, Packaging, and Video Editing (using Final Cut Pro, Premiere).
Orange County, CA
January 2011 - July 2011
Adjunct Professor: Westwood College
While at Westwood College for five years I taught classes and developed content in the following areas:
Aug. 2006 - July 2011
Master of Fine Arts in Photography & New Media
- School of Visual Arts, New York, NY, 1997
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography/Graphic Design/Sculpture
- Rhode Island College, Providence, RI, 1992.
Awards & Grants
2011 Arts Council Long Beach Micro-Grant
- for S.O.S. (Save our States) group exhibition in Long Beach, CA and Phoenix, AZ
2007 Open Call LA Selected
- for “Cluster Bombs,” Video, 2007 Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery, CA (720 entries/10 Awards)
Modified Arts, Phoenix, AZ
Director/Curator Dec. 2011 – Dec. 2012/ Guest Curator - Present
- Established in 1999, Modified Arts is a landmark art gallery/performance space with revolving monthly exhibitions of contemporary art created by local, national and international artists.
D-Block Projects, Long Beach, CA
Co-founder / Director - Sept. 2010 – June. 2011
- D-Block Projects provided exhibition space, curatorial direction, and support for alternative art exhibitions. First launching as a physical space in Long Beach, CA, D-Block has evolved into a nomadic organization, focusing on site-specific presentations of art and media.
Foundation for Art Resources (FAR), Los Angeles, CA
Board Member/Board Advisor - Sept. 2005 – Sept. 2011
- FAR is a non-profit arts organization that was founded in 1977 to facilitate the production and presentation of art in Los Angeles. FAR currently serves the art community by hosting art lectures, exhibitions and multi-media events.